Tax Services


According to the US Government’s General Accounting Office last year, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.

TAX Planning

Planning is the key to successfully reducing your tax liability. We go beyond tax compliance and proactively recommend tax saving strategies to maximize your after-tax income.


How much tax will you pay this year? Will you get a refund? Enter your filing status, income, deductions and credits we will estimate your total taxes for the year.

TAX Problems

We’re here to help you resolve your tax problems and put an end to the misery that the IRS can put you through. We pride ourselves on being very efficient, affordable, and of course, extremely discrete.

Are You Having Problems With the IRS?

We’re here to help you resolve your tax problems and put an end to the misery that the IRS can put you through.

Frequently Asked Questions

In this section we have answered some of the most common and important questions that arise around the subject of taxes.

  • Tax return

    Use your new address on your tax return

    IRS form

    Use Form 8822 (.pdf), Change of Address or Form 8822-B (.pdf), Change of Address or Responsible Party – Business

    Written statement

    Send us a signed written statement with your:

    • full name
    • old address
    • new address
    • Social Security number (or individual taxpayer identification number or employer identification number)

    Mail your statement to the address where you filed your last return

    Oral notification

    You can tell us in person or by telephone. We’ll need to verify your identity and address. Please have ready the information we have on file for you, such as:

    • your full name
    • your address
    • your Social Security number (or individual taxpayer identification number or employer identification number)

    Electronic notification

    You can only notify us electronically if your refund check was returned to us. Use Where’s My Refund? to complete your change of address online. You will need your Social Security number, filing status and the amount of your refund. 



    If you filed a joint return, you should provide the same information and signatures for both spouses.

    If you filed a joint return and you and/or your spouse have since separated, you both should notify us of your new addresses.

    Representatives filing a change of address for a taxpayer by form or written statement must attach a copy of their power of attorney or a Form 2848 (.pdf), Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative. Unauthorized third parties cannot change a taxpayer’s address.

    Any new address you provide to the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) may also update your address of record on file with us based on what the USPS retains in its National Change of Address (NCOA) database. However, even if you notify the USPS, you should still notify us directly as not all post offices forward government checks.

  • To claim your child as your dependent, your child must meet the qualifying child test or the qualifying relative test.

    • To meet the qualifying child test, your child must be younger than you and as of the end of the calendar year, either be younger than 19 years old or be a student and younger than 24 years old, or any age if permanently and totally disabled. 
    • There is no age limit on claiming your child as a dependent if the child meets the qualifying relative test.

    As long as you meet all of the following tests, you may claim a dependency exemption for your child:

    1. Qualifying child or qualifying relative test
    2. Dependent taxpayer test
    3. Citizen or resident test, and
    4. Joint return test
  • If you are an unmarried dependent student, you must file a tax return if your earned and/or unearned income exceeds certain limits. To find these limits, refer to Dependents under Who Must File, in Publication 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information.

    Even if you do not have to file, you should file a federal income tax return if you can get money back (for example, you had federal income tax withheld from your pay or you qualify for the earned income tax credit). See Who Should File in Publication 501, for more examples.

  • If you can claim an exemption for your son/daughter as a dependent on your income tax return, he or she cannot claim her own personal exemption on their income tax return. Your son/daughter should check the box on her return indicating that someone else can claim him/her as a dependent.

  • No. A condition of your installment agreement is that the IRS will automatically apply any refund due to you against taxes you owe.

    • Because your refund is not applied toward your regular monthly payment, you must continue making your installment agreement payments as scheduled and in full.
    • Regardless whether you are participating in an installment agreement or other payment arrangement with the IRS, you may not get all of your refund if you owe certain past-due amounts, such as federal tax, state tax, a student loan, or child support. For more information on these non-IRS refund offsets, you can call the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) at 800-304-3107 (toll-free).
  • In certain circumstances, you do not have to claim your child as a dependent to qualify for head of household filing status; for example, a custodial parent may be able to claim head of household filing status even if he or she released a claim to exemption for the child.

  • It depends on the type of mistake you made:

    • Many mathematical errors are caught during the processing of the tax return and corrected by the IRS, so you may not need to correct these mistakes.
    • If you did not attach a required schedule or form, the IRS will contact you and ask for the missing information.
    • If you did not claim the correct filing status or you need to change your income, deductions or credits, you should file an amended or corrected return using Form 1040X (.pdf), Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

    When filing an amended or corrected return:

    • Include copies of any schedules that are changing and/or any Form(s) W-2 (.pdf) you did not include with your original return. To avoid delays, file Form 1040X only after you have filed your original return. Generally, for a credit or refund, you must file Form 1040X within 3 years (including extensions) after the date you timely filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.
    • Please allow the IRS 8-12 weeks to process an amended return.
  • The IRS allows your refund to be split. A split refund lets you divide your refund, in any proportion you want, and direct deposit the funds into up to three different accounts with U.S. financial institutions. Use Form 8888 (.pdf), Allocation of Refund, to request to have your refund split.

  • You must make estimated tax payments for the current tax year if both of the following apply:

    • You expect to owe at least $1,000 in tax for the current tax year after subtracting your withholding and refundable credits.
    • You expect your withholding and refundable credits to be less than the smaller of:
      • 90% of the tax to be shown on your current year’s tax return, or
      • 100% of the tax shown on your prior year’s tax return. (Your prior year tax return must cover all 12 months.)

    There are special rules for:

    • Farmers and fishermen
    • Certain household employers
    • Certain higher income taxpayers
    • Nonresident aliens
  • Question: I retired last year, and started receiving Social Security payments. Do I have to pay taxes on my Social Security benefits?
    Social Security benefits include monthly retirement, survivor and disability benefits. They do not include supplemental security income (SSI) payments, which are not taxable. The amount of Social Security benefits that must be included on your income tax return and used to calculate your income tax liability depends on the total amount of your income and benefits for the taxable year.

    To find out whether any of your benefits may be taxable, compare the base amount for your filing status with the total of:

    One-half of your benefits.
    All of your other income, including tax-exempt interest.
    The base amount for your filing status is:

    $25,000 if you are single, head of household or qualifying widow(er),
    $25,000 if you are married filing separately and lived apart from your spouse for the entire year,
    $32,000 if you are married filing jointly,
    $0 if you are married filing separately and lived with your spouse at any time during the tax year.
    If you are married and file a joint return, you and your spouse must combine your incomes and Social Security benefits when figuring the taxable portion of your benefits. Even if your spouse did not receive any benefits, you must add your spouse’s income to yours when figuring on a joint return if any of your benefits are taxable.

    You can figure the taxable amount of the benefits on a worksheet in the Instructions for Form 1040 or Instructions for Form 1040A, or in Publication 915, Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits.

  • For highlights of the tax changes for the current tax year, refer to the “What’s New” section of the following:

Contact Us to Receive Your FREE Quote Today!